MP4 Plus Digital Indicator
by Hylec | June 4, 2015 4:43 pm
MP4 Plus professional digital indicator with 4 inputs
MP4 Plus is a Professional Digital Indicator with 4 inputs, suitable for receiving signals from strain gauge sensors, transmitters with voltage or current output and PT100. Particularly suitable for both static and dynamic applications, for calibration and verification in metrology laboratories or industrial environments where it is necessary to make measurements of weight, force, pressure, torque, displacement and temperature.
To FIT EVERY APPLICATION the MP4 Plus Digital Indicator can be configured and customised: the function keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 can be programmed for the function of interest such as: PEAK, HOLD, RELEASE, TX DATA DATALOG, DISCHARGE, ZOOM. MP4 Plus allows you to enable and disable each channel and using the ZOOM function it is possible to display only the channel of interest in full screen. The instrument works with a resolution of ±100.000 divisions and an accuracy better than 0.005% due to an internal 24-bit Sigma-Delta AD converter and a measurement control that is carried out for switching at a frequency equal to that of sampling: this system provides a better suppression of interference due to offset drift and to the connecting cables.
Other features and functions of importance are:
- Graphical, large and high resolution LCD display with back-lit.
- Automatic UNIT CONVERSIONS in many specific units for each type of transducers.
- Function MULTI-METER which displays the signal of the sensor directly in mV/V, V or mA.
- User selectable language : ITALIAN or ENGLISH.
- Function ZERO and AUTOZERO to reset automatically the measure if the measurement is below a set threshold.
- Function of HOLD, PEAK, programmable FILTER.
- Function of DISCHARGE in order to measure the amount of product discharged for example from a tank.
- Function TOTAL to perform the sum of two or more channels.
- Function KEY LOCK to protect the instrument settings by unauthorized persons.
- 24 columns PRINTER (option) connected to the serial port through which it is possible to print the measuring points with the date and time and the data of the company that carried out the survey.
- REPEATER Function: The instrument can be configured to display (in the form passive as Slave) measures from the RS232 serial port (for example from another MP4Plus – Master) to a remote view of the measures.
- In this case all the features enabled on the MP4 Plus Slave will be active (Setpoint, USB, printer, logger etc). The REPEATER function is active for one channel.
- For each input channel, you can calibrate the signal coming from the sensor both in the POSITIVE RANGE and in the NEGATIVE RANGE (Example in tension and compression) through 3 different modes:
- Calibration with Full Scale: characterization through the programming of the transducer full scale and sensitivity in both the positive and negative range.
- Calibration for POINTS: linearity correction by programming 5 known points in both the positive and negative range.
- Known Weight: practice characterization (in the field) by imposing a known weight, pressure, torque to the sensor and calibrating the transducer output to this reference value.
MP4 Plus Digital Indicator Optional extras:
- One, two, three or four Analog Outputs programmable as voltage (± 10V, 0/5V, 0/10V, ±5V) or current (4-20mA, 0-20mA, 0-24mA) that can be associated to different channels or to the
- TOTAL (sum of two or more channels).
- A serial RS232 line to directly connect the device to a PC, PLC or a serial PRINTER. Moreover MP4Plus can be programmed to work as REPEATER.
- A serial RS485 line with protocol MODBUS RTU normally used to connect multiple instruments in a same network to a PLC.
- A front panel USB port type A, to export directly on a USB stick a datalogger in csv file format for a complete compatibility with Microsoft Excel
Contact us for a quotation today!
Endnotes: Contact Hylec Controls for a quotation: +61 (02) 9645 4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us: https://www.hyleccontrols.com.au/contact-us-2/
Source URL: https://www.hyleccontrols.com.au/product/mp4-plus-digital-indicator/
Copyright ©2021 Hylec unless otherwise noted.