Hydraulic standard roller compactor
by Hylec | September 10, 2020 1:05 pm
The Roller Compactor is considered to be the method of laboratory specimen compaction that results in slabs of asphaltic paving materials with properties that most closely simulate those of materials in the highway. Slabs can be compacted to target mixture densities using loads that are equivalent to those of full-scale compaction equipment.
This compactor is hydraulically powered and controlled by a programmable logic controller (PLC) connected to an HMI (Human Machine Interface), which the operator can use to select the number of passes. A manual pressure control is adjusted to set the required load. The main function of the Compact Steel Roller is to produce slabs for beam fatigue and wheel tracking tests.
- Steel wheeled roller segments
- Solid machine frame
- Optional heated head for reducing mixture sticking to roller during compaction
- Compaction head option of 400/320 x 260mm and 400/305 x 305mm slabs
- Slab depth from 40 to 100 mm
- Roller compactor moulds will fit Cooper Technology Wheel trackers so that compacted slabs can be wheel-tracked without de-moulding
- Maximum compaction load of 30kN per 305mm roll width (equivalent to largest on-site static rollers)
- Speed control
- HMI for operator selection of number of passes
- Slabs can be used as wheel-tracking specimens, and cored to make indirect tensile test specimens or cut into beams for the Four Point Bending Test
- Vibrating roller option with adjustable frequency to simulate on-site vibratory rollers
- CE marked
Preparation of homogeneous asphalt slabs :
- Wheel tracking tests
- Coring to produce specimens for indirect tensile and axial tests
- Four Point Bending Test Beams
Contact Hylec Controls for a quotation today!
Endnotes: Contact Hylec Controls for a quotation: +61 (02) 9645 4777 or email@example.com
- Contact Hylec Controls: http://www.hyleccontrols.com.au/contact-us
Source URL: https://www.hyleccontrols.com.au/product/hydraulic-standard-roller-compactor/
Copyright ©2022 Hylec unless otherwise noted.